2015/06/12

Push/Pull -character

College year: 3, 1st semester
Course: Computer Animation III

The turn-around of my character design model as well as screenshots and a few blend shape emotion tests for this semester’s most important project which took half the semester (~3 months). Had to model our own character, make our own textures, and rig the model to animate.

Since I did a human character in the previous semester’s major project (Sit-Stand), I decided to do a non-human this time. I came up with a circus monkey who is fed up with his current life and tries to escape his cage. This way he can push and pull, he can do things that humans can’t (use his feet as hands, hang upside down, etc.), and he has a tail that I can showcase overlap with (like the ponytail in my Sit-Stand project).

---
Push/Pull -natural
Push/Pull -exaggerated
Partially modeled in ZBrush, retopologized and animated in Autodesk Maya, textures in Photoshop, rendered in Renderman, composited in Nuke and Adobe Premiere.
Completed in 2014 November 17.