2014/10/18

Sit-Stand -character


College year: 2, 2nd semester
Course: Computer Animation II

The turn-around of my character design model as well as screenshots and a few blend shape emotion tests for this semester’s most important project which took half the semester (~3 months). First one to model our own character, make our own textures, and rig the model to animate.

Since my previous animation was Artie, a male, I decided to pick a female this time, so that I can add the feminine flair that females are so good at. She is some kind of wild tribal huntress hunting a bird. I made her a little cat-like in her design.

I didn’t know how to use nCloth at the time; I tried my best hooking up the loin cloth with joints and reasonable point weighting and fitting it around the body almost every frame. I added a ponytail to showcase my overlapping skill.

---
Sit-Stand
Done in Autodesk Maya, partially modeled in ZBrush, textures in Photoshop, rendered in Renderman, composited in Adobe Premiere.
Completed in 2014 May 18.