2015/06/13

Lip Sync -expressions

College year: 3, 1st semester
Course: Drawing for Animators I

We had to design a self caricature of ourselves to animate for next semester.

A lot of students over the years did a simple and accurate caricature of themselves as regular people, so my professor allowed us to get more creative. My class liked my Oriental panda design. :D

It’s a combination of all the poofy black-and-white Oriental dishes out there, mainly white rice and black sesame seeds such as onigiri and glutinous sesame. Also had to incorporate cuteness, which Sakura from the anime Cardcaptor Sakura was perfect for. (She has a lot of poofy shorts. :o ) (When I was a kid watching the series, I noticed that every single episode had her with a different outfit. :o ) I’m somewhat worried about the feasibility of the shorts when animated (does nCloth do poofy and stiff shorts?), but my professor said it will work out. This would make an adorable makeup and cosplay. o.o

Had a lot of fun with the facial expressions. I had to include the arms because an expression is really the entire body along with the face. Aren’t I just adorable? XD (Got an A on the facial expressions—a lower grade on the accuracy of the caricature to myself. XD)

---
Lip Sync -model sheet
Lip Sync -character
Lip Sync
Done in Photoshop.
Completed in 2014 October 7.